“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5
Pregnancy is a beautiful thing. You are creating a tiny human inside and a life! There’s nothing so beautiful than that. God truly is amazing and incredible. Pregnancy is different for everyone and is like Forrest Gump, “Life is like a box of chocolates. you’ll never know what you’ll get.” Every pregnancy in each season is even different and every women experiences just based on the weather alone. Since every pregnancy is different, I am sure the pros and cons are too.
- You don’t have to lift the heavy things around the house and the hubby helps a TON! At least mine does.
- No period!
- People all of a sudden are so nice to you.
- You get big boobs.
- You are creating a life that is so amazing.
- When you go to the doctor, you see how precious your little one is and the first heartbeat is a sound you’ll never forget.
- No more TTC.
- The 9 month wait is well worth it. You get to hold a little baby that you created.
- Less oil in your hair, which means less washing! Hello dry shampoo.
- Your faith will go… at least mine did!
- You feel bloated and fat in the first trimester and no one really will know why. I had people ask me if I just ate more cheeseburgers. Yes, a crazy lady did say that to me. Needless to say, I was raging afterwards.
- Fatigue and never ends (except the second trimester)
- Some struggle with vomiting or nausea. personally, I only felt hungover.
- You’re carrying extra weight. This looks different for everyone. TIP: Don’t compare yourself or yourself to other pregnant ladies. Every women carries babies differently.
- You’re way more likely to pee your pants or a close urge to!
- Constant runny nose come second trimester and into your third.
- Energy levels change and the things you could do before just aren’t a thing.
- Body changes can be difficult to adjust to. AKA you’re clothes don’t fit.
- Worst of all… friends around you might be TTC still and it’s just not easy.
- Don’t try to plan. Things probably won’t go your way and the unexpected will happen. We had a scare with CPC cysts on his brain. It was a crazy and emotional ride, but thankfully with lots of prayers the cysts are gone. That T train of the unexpected will never end. For people like me who are planners this is SUPER hard to let go the control.
- The things people say will annoy the shit out of you!! You’ll be more sensitive to what people say. You’ll be shocked to find that people say and do the rudest things. People just don’t have a filter and need to learn one, especially with a pregnant lady.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
These pros and cons are going to be different for everyone. These were a few highlights and lowlights of this beautiful crazy pregnancy journey!!
This kimono is amazing and so cute. I love the print combo and style of it. Plus, the price can’t be beat. Y’all can wear it so many different ways either with a dress, leggings or jeans. This specific kimono is from blogger’s collection on Amaryllis. To save on this kimono use code: ASHLEECOLLECTION. Shop it HERE on the @liketoknow.it app.
Love from Texas,