Low carb break-fast idea…
Break your fast today with these simple (and protein-packed!) egg muffins!
16-ounce container egg whites
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Whisk egg whites, peppers, spinach, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Pour mixture into muffin pan.
5. Bake for 15–17 minutes or until the eggs are set.
These are totally customizable! Try adding ingredients like bacon, turkey sausage, onions, or fresh herbs!
MACROS | 6 SERVINGS (2 each)
Carbs – 5g | Fiber – 1g | Fat – 0g | Protein – 9g
Low carb lunch idea…
Tuna Salad Avocado Boats
Here’s how to make it:
🥑 Cut and scoop out a large avocado (or 2 small ones) into a bowl and mash with a fork.
🥑 Add in canned tuna, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, and Everything Bagel seasoning (or just salt and pepper). Cilantro would be awesome here but I didn’t have any.
🥑 Mix all together and scoop into avocado shells (optional). Enjoy as is or with some gluten-free crackers or cauliflower thins.
Protein Roll ups
This recipe is simple, SUPER customizable and a great way to help hit your protein goal.
Protein is KEY to changing your body composition. Protein helps build lean, calorie-burning muscle which helps to burn more fat and aids your body in replacing worn out cells and muscle repair. Without sufficient protein, you aren’t giving your body what it needs to repair and build your muscles (both of which improve your metabolism and aid in fat burning!).
So boost up that protein today with these roll-ups! Add in some nuts or avocados to get fat in on low carb days. You’ll be glad you did.
Low carb essentials to get…
Use these by integrating them in your meals to get fat macros up.
Dark Chocolate Almond Fat Bombs
1 tbsp almond butter
1 ½ tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cocoa powder
⅛ tsp vanilla extract
1/16 tsp stevia powder
- Arrange paper baking cups on a plate or a small baking sheet. Set aside.
- Melt together the almond butter and coconut. Once combined, STIR in the cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla and stevia powder and stir until the stevia has fully dissolved. Add the sweetened vanilla extract to the almond butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour chocolate almond butter mixture in the paper baking cups and then transfer to the freezer.
- Set for about 30 minutes or until solid. Transfer to an airtight container and keep frozen.
MACROS: P: 4g | F: 16g | C: 4g | Fiber: 2g
Carbs are important. Integrating two low carb days in your week is great way to build muscle and burn fat. If you want more on this head over Styled by Sequins IG and ask away!
I’m not a specialist in this, please be sure to listen to your body and what it needs. Everyone is different.
Love from Texas,